Who We Are
Grayce works with organisations nationwide to help them build sustainable talent pipelines in change and transformation, data analysis and tech. We passionately believe our curious graduates are a vital part of the answer to the digital change talent demand equation. We are on a mission to help organisations witness the power of emerging top graduate talent. We give our people a platform to realise their potential, focusing on continuous learning, building capability, and living our values to continue developing the leaders of the future.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting a team of 45-50 Analysts on our Data+ and Tech+ Development Programmes
- Mentoring and coaching the team to promote development and personal career progression and optimise their performance and delivery on client site.
- Liaising with client contacts to ensure our service aligns with the client’s needs and analyst performance meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across your client portfolio.
- Work alongside Grayce colleagues to manage the client assignment lifecycle, including identifying growth opportunities.
- Co-ordinating and facilitating service review meetings and pro-actively identifying, resolving and escalating delivery risks.
- Conducting monthly 1:1’s and annual appraisal reviews for our Project Analysts.
- Preparing Project Analysts for client interviews and rotations.
- Assisting with the delivery of a best-in-class development programme across Change, Data and Tech, i.e. mobilisation training, business skills, professional development.
To Be Successful, You’ll Need
- Prior experience in a consulting environment working with market leading CRM and SaaS platforms in either a project or service delivery role.
- A background in coaching emerging talent in the fields of either Software Development, InfoSec, Software Testing, Data Analysis or similar.
- Project Management certification.
- An enthusiastic, proactive and professional approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills, both written and orally.
- Able to understand and interact with different audiences, from c-level to technicians.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to travel across the UK.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to business requirements.
What We Offer
Join an inclusive Community home to people from all walks of life who share one common goal: to deliver excellence.
We care about the well-being and continuous development; all Grayce employees have access to additional training and development and an Employee Assistance Programme, a confidential service that offers 24/7 support for a wide range of concerns, from mental health to legal support, 365 days a year.
As well as joining an ambitious, caring, supportive and rapidly growing team, you will also receive a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the button below.