Role : Commercial Manager
Location: London or Manchester (Hybrid working)
GRAYCE is a rapidly growing management consultancy that specialises in emerging talent. First, we find the brightest graduate talent for our Development Programs, then we deploy our Analysts to our clients’ change, data and tech transformation programs, all whilst fast-tracking their development through our unique proposition.
You will have a commercial mindset, also be collaborative and be comfortable liaising closely with local management teams and colleagues to deliver successful outcomes.
This role offers the opportunity to progress within your career by taking on more responsibilities, you will be providing advice on corporate structuring and contract negotiations in a variety of areas.
Duties to include (but not limited to)
- Drafting and advising on bespoke commercial contracts to support new customer acquisitions or new supplier relationships
- Leading commercial negotiations with new customers or suppliers
- Developing and managing a corporate risk management program
- Drafting and owning commercial governance policies including contract approval, supplier onboarding and due diligence etc.
- Providing ad hoc advice and support to the business, particularly in respect of new service offerings or products
- Developing and maintaining a library of model contract terms for clients and suppliers
- Advising on pricing strategy and pricing rules/limits
- Developing an approved panel for external legal counsel/opinion and maintaining relationships with professional services firms
- Assisting the senior leadership team with strategic project work such as implementing new legislation or regulations, and overseas expansion
- Leading formal bid/tender processes for strategic opportunities
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in drafting and advising on commercial contracts, ideally within a consultancy, resourcing, or professional services environment
- Proven ability to draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts and framework-based consultancy agreements
- In depth knowledge of contract law
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to find sound commercial solutions to legal and commercial issues
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of strategic/commercial drivers affecting business decisions
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a senior team
- Time management and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and pro-active
- Experience of supporting sales within private and public procurement processes
- Experience with developing quality management systems (e.g. ISO9001)
- Experience of proposal writing
- Experience in developing business cases for new service propositions or investments
- Experience and knowledge of Data Protection Law